Candle Care FAQ’s
- FAQ's -
How long can I burn my Hayley Marie Candle for?
A suitable burn time is 4 hours.
Can I reduce the smoke once I blow my candle out?
Yes you can. There are two good candle accessories on the market today. A wick dipper or a candle snuffer. Both these work in aid to prevent smoke and wicks from drifting off centre. These will also keep the fragrance stronger and less toxic when either relighting them or blowing them out.
Trim your candle wick 5mm before every burn. This will also illuminate smoke and create a higher quality burn.
How should I store my candle?
Candles are sensitive to temperature and light. Avoid candles from fading, cracking and melting by storing your candles in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight, dust and fluorescent light. Store your candles in an upright position and don’t leave your candles in your car on a warm day.
Should I avoid draughts when burning my candle?
Candles burn best in still air but if you can’t avoid draughts, turn the candle periodically to avoid uneven burning and possible candle collapse. A candle in a draught may also start to smoke.
CANDLE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Burn within sight
- Keep away from children
- Keep away from things that could possibly catch on fire.
- Never use water to extinguish your candle
- Do not burn a large 350g Hayley Marie Candle for less then 1 hour
- Never move a burning candle
- Ensure both wicks are lit when candle is in use (If candle has multiple wicks)
- When not in use, keep candle covered using our lids to avoid dust build up.
- Do not use lid to extinguish candle
- If the glass becomes blackened while burning, extinguish candle, allow to cool and clean with a dry paper towel.